Sunday, October 28, 2012

BareBottom or Sandy

There was so many different options on going with this tank.  The 1st option was going BB, but I'm a sucker to the nice sandy color.  I know that BB are quite nice it set up correctly and are easier to maintain.  Well, as you can see I ended up going with the sand.  I wanted live sand instead of dry to speed up my cycling.
My 1st choice was the Caribsea Ocean Direct Live Sand Oolite, I had this on my 12gl JBJ, I like the true white that stands out, my concern was that it's fine sugar grain and it would blow all over my corals and rocks. So my next choice was the Caribsea Arag-Alive Fiji Pink, now this one I love how it has the pink specs.  But like I mentioned I'm a sucker for the whitest sand.  So my third and final choice was the Caribsea Arag-Alive Special Grade Reef Sand.  All three products are great with 4 1/2 stars reviews, but the special grade was just the perfect size I needed.  Special Grade Reef Sand - Grain Size 1.0 - 2.0 mm. This coarse sand is 100aragonite and has excellent diffusive properties.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment