Sunday, October 28, 2012

Rattle and Roll....

Ok seriously... what's that noise... hahaha well as you can tell, placing the tank right on the wooden platform of the stand created all humming and rattle when I tested the tank.  So this was the perfect moment to isolate the noise nuisance.  My other hobby involves music and recording so I hate noisy, humming or any type of feedback.  Then there was that bright lighted bulb on top of my head.  I got the idea from my buddy at work.  He used a yoga mat to place it between the tank and stand.
check out it here :) http://www.remsreef.com/2011/03/yoga-mat-instead-of-foam.html
So my destiny for the end of the day was to get a yoga mat.  Since I'm in a budget I figured I tried yard sales... no luck :(  next stop was the dollar stores, I figure i can substitute them with drawer liners... awww to thin and it only comes in 12"...
So I had to suck it up and ended going to Sport Authority... let me tell you, yoga mats are not cheap. The more cushion the more expensive it is. The color I was looking for was black so it can match with the tank and stand, all black mat where like over $27-$56. No way i was going to drop some cash on some mat that i was going to just end up tearing up. To my surprise i found the $9 section, NO BLACK!... u got to be kidding me. I ended up with a dark blue/green color, I folded up 3 times, slid it in there. The next thing was to get my hobby knife and just cut around the tank to get a nice even patten.  Overall the color wasn't an eye sore since it's dark and blends it really well.  The mat is pretty thick and it absorbs the vibrations and acoustics.  So I'm pretty pleased with the results.





No comments:

Post a Comment