Saturday, November 10, 2012

acclimation

Now that my parameters are stable,  its time ti start adding some livestock.  Before I go crazy and go spending right away I figure I have to find the best solution to acclimate my livestock.   We all now the floating technique but seriously that does not work for saltwater creatures since some are very delicate to others.  I've been looking into the acclimate gently that looks really simple to use.  But today I'll be focusing on the drip version.  One fabulous product that Innovative Marine release is the AccuDrip.





I gotta say this one of easiest way to acclimate.  No more siphoning and getting ur mouth salty.  The Accudrip utilizes a tube that hangs on the aquarium which flows water through a self siphon bulb doubles as a drip counter and is controlled with a thumb wheel rolling clamp.
The Accudrip requires one gentle squeeze to create a siphon guaranteed every time. Its pretty simple, 1-2 drips per second for snails, shrimps, crabs, starfish, anemones.  2-3 drips per second for wrasses, puffers, anthias, gobies, butterflies. 3-4 drips per second for majority of other fish and corals.  It is recommended that the water level is tripled to slowly equalize all the water parameters. 















No comments:

Post a Comment