Sunday, November 11, 2012

Spill on Isle 6, bring in the Clean up Crew

After several debates, I decided why not start off with a small clean up crew.  I'm gonna try to stay away from certain crabs. .. boy I learn my lesson when I had my 12 gl nano.  For now I will stick and start off with some snails. Having the advantage of having several LFS around I don't have to break my head searching around or ordering livestock online.   I hate paying the overly priced shipping and handling and sometimes it's never WYSIWYG. The only transaction I'll do is maybe local forums.
So getting back to my snails I decided to get the following:

6 astraea snails
6 nassarius snails
1 turbo snail
1 cerite snail (they had ran out but luck I was able to find one) ;-)






So I got home and placed them in a bucket.  Lowered the water level to avoid excessive water from the main tank.






I hanged the Accudrip on the tank and let the drip do its job.  It only took about 25 min for it to reach the desire volume.   I tested the ph and specific gravity to make sure everything is ok to transfer the snails. 







After the transfer it only took a couple of seconds for the snails to start moving.  Within minutes the snails where happy and gone there way.



No comments:

Post a Comment