Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Aquamaxx HOB 1 What a Beast!


So I got to say I'm very excited about the aquamaxx hang in the back.  I read upon several people that had use it.  Did my research and decided to go ahead and try one out.



The Aquamaxx HOB1 is rated up to 75 gallons.  Has a dimension of 7.5"x 3.5"x 17". Comes with a shark 1.0 made custom for the HOB 1 and has a power consumption of 11 watts. It's design to fit inside the protein skimmer to reduce noise and save space. Easily hangs over the back on any aquarium regarding if it's rimless or has rim bracket.  It has two screws that easily attach to your aquarium.





The Aquamaxx has a small custom needle wheel that inserts right in the shark pump.  The needle wheel turns the water into micro bubbles.  This air and water movement removes organic waste and sends it straight into your collection cup.


The quality of the skimmer is laser cut by computer and is made to last for years. It comes with a built in silencer to further reduce noise. FYI!!! this skimmer is really quiet, don't know how some people say it's noisy, so far it's the quietest skimmer i ever heard.



After installing this on the back of my tank I hit that wall that everybody experience with it.  I was unable to open the lid from my 28 gl nano.  So a few alterations where done to the return and send plumbing.  I had to cut at least half of each tube and end up gluing the return line since it was dripping water.  After I let the glue dried i re-installed it and gave it another shot.   The lid open up, no leaks, no fuzz and it was working like a charm.  It only took three days for the break in period for it to start skimming some good ol waste ;)

























No comments:

Post a Comment